Darda Health Pre-university is opened to both men and women who are desirous of entering the university to pursue a main degree. They fall into three (3) categories:
- Those with WASSCE / SSSCE who enroll for the pre-degree in Health and Business Diploma Courses from WAEC.
- Those who enter for WASSCE / SSSCE remedials such as the HAC/MCA/NVTI certificate holders.
- There are also 6 months proficiency courses (short courses) in Computer and Business studies for those who are already in employment.
Admission of Mature Students
Mature persons applying for admission, who do not satisfy the approved requirements, must have reasonable education and working experience and should have attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of admission. A basic O’ Level/SSCE/WASSSCE Certificate with passes in English and Mathematics should be obtained by applicants.
Such applicants are required to pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination.
Examples of reasonable education include but are not limited to:
- Professional courses in diverse arts, science, engineering, legal, medical, or management related disciplines
- Technical/Vocational education from recognized institutions
- Health Certificate programs that span a total duration of one year or more
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- A prospective student can purchase an application form from the admissions office/marketing agents or Download online from our website (Direct application using online form is also accepted). Using physical cash or any of our accepted payment methods.
- Select the appropriate programme of choice and send application in person or through the Ghana Post (EMS preferably)
- Obtain information about the fees from our website or admissions office and make payments officially through the school’s bank account. Note: If cash payment is made then request of receipt is mandatory.
When the form is completed and the fees paid, the student can report for classes as stated in his/her admission letter.
Deadline for Applications: Since admissions are done twice in a year forms are available throughout the year.